Common symptoms of a faulty wheel are:
- The wheel does not spin when the motor is spinning
- The wheel falls off when driving
- The wheel will not stay on the axle
Depending on the symptoms above, here are a few ways you can troubleshoot a faulty wheel:
- With snap or clip-on wheels you need to check the springs inside the wheel, these are responsible for securing the wheel onto the axle. If springs are missing or are not positioned correctly, this will cause the wheel to not function as intended.
- If the wheel is not spinning on one side, you will need to use the wrenches provided to untighten the bolt. Wheels nuts which are too taught will prevent the wheel from spinning freely and cause wear on the motors as well cause battery degradation.
- If the wheel falls off when driving this means the washers are not present or the split pins to hold the wheel in place have either not been inserted correctly or missing entirely.
What should I do if my wheel is faulty?
If the wheel is faulty, it needs to be replaced. If you need help, feel free to contact us for help. Please make sure you provide the following information for us to process your request quickly:
- Your order number and/or proof of purchase along with the sales channel (ex. voltztoys.ca, Amazon, etc.). You can use your order number as the subject line.
- The model number of the ride-on car. This can be found on the box, user's manual or the "SKU" field on the product page of voltztoys.ca. If you are unable to find the model number, feel free to send us a photo of the car.
- Take a photo of the wheel you have in order for our customer service team to identify the correct part.