Common symptoms of a faulty gear switch are:
- Vehicle does not drive forward/back with the pedal but works with remote.
- Vehicle drives forward but not on reverse.
- Vehicle drives on reverse but not forward.
Depending on the symptoms above, here are a few ways you can troubleshoot a faulty gear switch:
- Before proceeding with the below, make sure the MainBoard/Speed Controller connections are all in place as this could also prevent it from working forward or reverse. You should also check the MainBoard/Speed Controller troubleshooting guide the eliminate this as the culprit.
- Make sure the gear switch wires are connected by prying the switch off its housing and making sure the wires are not dislodged.
- If the wires are connected, this could mean that the Gear Switch is faulty and will need replacing.
What should I do if my gear switch is faulty?
If the gear switch is faulty, it needs to be replaced. If you need help, feel free to contact us for help. Please make sure you provide the following information for us to process your request quickly:
- Your order number and/or proof of purchase along with the sales channel (ex. voltztoys.ca, Amazon, etc.). You can use your order number as the subject line.
- The model number of the ride-on car. This can be found on the box, user's manual or the "SKU" field on the product page of voltztoys.ca. If you are unable to find the model number, feel free to send us a photo of the car.
- Take a photo of the gear switch you have in order for our customer service team to identify the correct part.